Long time no talk, huh? I’m so so so sorry that I haven’t been very active on here as of lately but, if you’re honestly curious, I started my spring semester of college this past Tuesday! I honestly didn’t anticipate having a very busy week because (if you attend a college or a university, you’d know) the first week of a new semester is typically devoted to going over the course syllabus. However, this semester I actually received quite a few assignments over “Syllabus Week” and the promise I had to make to myself was that I would always put school before my blog. Butttttttttt, I’m back! I promise you that I will post AT LEAST once a week from now on because I’ve missed it and my wittle blog fam. So please, just bear with me and my hectic life!
Also, I wanted to give all of you a huge internet hug for getting me to over 200 followers in less than a month of me blogging! I was so happy when I had just 5 followers but 200 is absolutely insane! Whether y’all believe it or not, I get so excited to see all the love and support you offer to me just for sharing the silly details of my life – it truly means the world to me! I’m so blessed to have you guys and I’ve formed some beautiful friendships just by being on here and writing so thank you very very much. I have so many ideas and a lot of exciting posts to share so I hope you chose to stick around with me for a while.
Next, I wanted to announce officially on here that I have been chosen to be a Campus Rep for the amazing company – drum roll, please – Serengetee! Serengetee is a company that was started up by a few college students on a Semester at Sea trip visiting over 10 countries in the course of a few months. While on this trip, the students saw different aspects of beauty in each place they went as well as seeing the poverty and struggles that some of the citizens in each place had to deal with. The boys ended up collecting different fabrics from around the globe and fashioning them in to pockets for t-shirts and thus their company began! Serengetee is able to give back 10% of profits to various charities and they have some pretty rad stuff available to purchase! I’ll be announcing my coupon code within the next few weeks so you guys can check them out and also be decked out in some neat gear!
I feel like I need to take a deep breath after making all of those announcements to you guys but I wanted to make sure y’all were caught up on my life so we can start fresh – I swear that there is actually a point to today’s post. So, without further ado, today I’m going to be sharing my January 2016 Ipsy Glam Bag with you!
This months theme was “All Eyes on You” which was honestly super fun and exciting because I don’t typically put too much focus into my eye makeup. I have pretty big eyes and they are a very unique shade of blue so I try not to distract that color too much with heavy eye makeup; however, all the products I received do compliment my eyes and complexion very well and I’m pumped to share them with you!
1. The first product I received this month was the Tucker Ashley Advanced Peptide Eye Complex. Fun fact: I love eye creams which is kinda embarrassing because I’m only nineteen. I just feel like there is no such thing as “too early” when it comes to taking care of your skin. I do actually really like this product so far and I’m really excited to continue using it. The sample I received contains 0.34 ounces of cream and the full-size (retailing for $29.95) is 0.5 ounces so I’m definitely pumped about receiving almost a full-size product in this bag!
2. Next, I received a Marsk mineral eye shadow in the color You’re Toast. What more can I say? The color is absolutely stunning and can be worn alone or in a full eye look. Also did I mention that the shadow does not crease at all during the day? Bless. I love the way it makes my eye color pop and it’s so subtle yet so gorgeous. This eye shadow was full-size (retailing for $22.50) and I couldn’t be happier with how it looks and wears through out the day! On top of all of that, this product is completely organic and natural so I don’t have to worry about it irritating my already-sensitive skin. 10/10 recommend.
3. I also received a full-size lipstick from the brand Dirty Little Secret in the color Vengeance (retailing for $10). Oh my, is this color right up my alley. I’m a sucker for a good purple-y, berry color and have worn this a few times already. It’s also absolutely stunning when paired with the eye shadow that I recieved. Despite the name, I will not be keeping this brand a secret at all – it’s glorious!
4. I also received the Mr. Write (Now) eyeliner from theBalm in the color Jac. I adore getting products from theBalm because 1) they are typically full-sized (this one retails for $17) and 2) they look so flawless on anyone and everyone. This shade of liner is a bronze-y color which I initially thought would be hard to wear BUT I have high hopes for using it in place of normal eyeliner on my upper-lash line for a more fun look. Plus, the names of all their products are absolutely adorable!
5. Lastly, I received a full-size organic lip balm from Lasting Smiles in the flavor Peppermint Creme (retailing for $4.99). This time of the year especially, I’m always applying and reapplying lip balm so I was already pumped to receive this product. After doing a little research though, I found out that every purchase from Lasting Smiles helps fund cleft surgeries for children. I’m a huge sucker for products with a good cause so this one definitely won major points in my book!
WOW. That’s all I can say. This is the first month I’ve actually adored all 5 of the products that I was sent in my bag. I really hope that Ipsy continues this trend for me because it’s quite nice to get products that I’ll definitely use and that all-together retail for almost $85. I’m keeping my fingers crossed in hopes that February’s bag will be just as great!
Thank you all so very much for reading! I love your support and cherish every bit of feedback I receive from you. If you enjoy these types of posts, please let me know and if you have any special requests on ideas for me to write on, don’t hesitate to tell me. I look forward to hearing from you very soon. Have a beautiful weekend!